Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Tibetan Art Exhibition

So I was walking down the street and I saw some people demonstrating out the front of this art gallery. I love demonstrations because nobody really has any idea why they are demonstrating. Most of the guys are just there to try and get a fuck, and most of the girls are just satisfying their urge to tell people that they are doing the wrong thing.

Anyway, I went there, and there was a full on Tibetan Art exhibition on. I walked in and saw some wicked golden statues and started taking some photos. Some Indian dude came up to me and told me that photos were forbidden.

No Photo 8

Talk about a red rag to a bull. I paid my 7 bucks and went on a mad snapping spree

Skull Bowl
Forbidden Photo 5
Forbidden Photo 4
Forbidden Photo 1

After the show I thought I would make the demonstrators jealous and told them how great the show was. Turns out they had all paid their 7 bucks and seen the show already themselves. Fucken hypocrites.

5 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, March 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice bit of undercover work there Chalk. The thing I don't get is, what were they demonstrating about? Were they there on behalf of the Chinese army or what? Why else would they be hypocrites for attending a Tibetan Art Exhibition?

 
At 6:38 PM, March 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

apparently the dalai lama recently said tibet should stay chinese

 
At 6:57 PM, March 22, 2005, Blogger Mr. Chalk said...

they were demonstrating against the exhibition because they claimed that the artwork was stolen. when i pressed them on this, it turned out that only one piece waas supposedly "stolen" because it was on loan from the chinese government. The rest of the stuff was from private collections.

 
At 2:01 PM, June 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At 3:57 AM, July 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home